Advertisements
Route 66 News

Tulsa gas station restoration is recognized

The Vickery Phillips 66 Station, located on an old alignment of Route 66 in Tulsa, was given a Citation of Merit by the Oklahoma State Historic Preservation Office, reported the Daily Oklahoman.

The station, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was rehabilitated by Michael Sager, with help from project architect Mike Kertock. The Vickery station was built about 1932.

The two-building complex now houses an Avis rental-car business.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: