Severe thunderstorms and even tornadoes lashed Missouri and Illinois roughly along the Route 66 corridor on Friday.
Developments are coming fast, so here’s the important stuff so far:
- A tornado touched down in Fort Leonard Wood near Waynesville, Mo., injuring at least three and prompting a temporary closure of the military base.
- A state of emergency has been declared in Missouri by the governor.
- Three people in Missouri are reported dead in the storms.
- Sunset Hills, Mo., a suburb of St. Louis, saw extensive damage and flattened homes along the Lindbergh Boulevard corridor (aka Route 66).
- One woman and 25 homes were damaged north of Rolla, Mo.
- The News-Leader in Springfield, Mo., has video of what looks like a tornado near Rolla.
- A tornado reportedly touched down in Petersburg, Ill., north of Springfield.