Wilhite was the sign company that installed the original Boots Court sign when the Route 66 motel was built in 1939. The sign and its color scheme later was changed to Boots Motel.
According to a Facebook post from the motel:
Now, the new owners are restoring this Mother Road icon back to the 1949 era…both inside and out! The recent pitch roof is also gone and the Art Deco-Modern style of architecture that was popular in the 30’s is back again. Five rooms in the rear 1946 addition have been restored and work is beginning on the remaining eight rooms in http://route66news.com/wp-admin/post-new.php#category-allthe original structure.
The neon is next and a re-lighting event is coming soon!
More photos from the sign installation:
(Photos courtesy of Debye Harvey)