The fifth annual (and possibly last) Rockabilly on the Route in Tucumcari, New Mexico, will take place June 1-4, and we have six pairs of tickets to give away to see the live-music performers during the festival.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment at the bottom of this story and make sure you leave a valid email and name in the fields. Winners will be selected at random Sunday, May 21. I will send the emails and names of winners to the organizers. You then can pick up the passes during the festival at the Tucumcari Convention Center, which is hosting the live acts. It’s a $50 value. (And, no, I absolutely will not use your emails to spam you; I hate spam as much as you do.)
If you haven’t been to Tucumcari during Rockabilly on the Route, this is your chance. If you’re going but are checking out only the abundant number of free events, this is a possible way to upgrade your weekend.
Last year, Rockabilly on the Route had more than 5,000 people attend. The festival benefits the New Mexico Route 66 Museum. The four days include more than 26 bands, a classic-car and bike show, a parade, pin-up contest, burn-outs, a tiki pool party, a tattoo contest, a beard and mustache contest, a Mr. Man Challenges Contest, a cruise on Route 66, swing dance classes and more.
Here are the live acts slated for Rockabilly on the Route:
- Deke Dickerson & The Ecco-Fonics (from Texas)
- The Delta Bombers (California)
- The Modern Day Troubadours (Texas)
- Jem Crossland & the Hypertonics (North Carolina)
- The Stratoliners (New Mexico)
- TJ Mayes (Oklahoma)
- Hard Six (California)
- The Barnyard Stompers (Texas)
- The Downbeats (California)
- The Despots (New Mexico)
- Captain Burton’s Fun Time Sideshow Circus (Texas)
- The Phantom Pomps (California)
- Jordan Igoe (South Carolina)
- Rockin Rick & The Rhythm Wranglers (California)
- She Returns From War (South Carolina)
- Fabulous Minx (Oklahoma)
- Lily Slay (South Carolina)
- Imperial Rooster (New Mexico)
- Rose Josh Hi-Fi & The Rhythm Kings (California)
- Gilded Cage Burlesque (New Mexico)
- Soiree Entertainment Dancers (New Mexico)
- Phil Rocker (Colombia)
- Ruby Dee & The Snakehandlers (Texas)
- The Skyliners (New Mexico)
- Val West & The Skeleton Keys (Tennessee)
Organizers for Rockabilly on the Route said earlier this year they were taking a hiatus in 2018 to reassess its future — including possibly taking the festival on the road.
(Rockabilly on the Route poster image courtesy of the festival)