NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick’s No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford Mustang racecar will feature a Mobil 1 / Route 66 paint job during the Cup Series finale at Daytona International Speedway.
According to Heavy.com, the car “will feature the rock formations that sit along the iconic highway, as well as a blue skyline. The purpose of the scheme is to celebrate the love of driving.”
Stewart-Haas Racing showed off the car’s look and some Route 66 landmarks it is trying to emulate in a tweet this week:
Hit the open road and celebrate the love of driving.@KevinHarvick will be kickin' it with a @mobil1racing Route 66 scheme at Daytona. pic.twitter.com/hZrSJTbv10— Stewart-Haas Racing (@StewartHaasRcng) August 23, 2022
The Route 66 icons spotted in the tweet:
- Roy’s Motel and Cafe in Amboy, California;
- Gemini Giant at the Launching Pad Drive-In in Wilmington, Illinois;
- Route 66 Rocker in Fanning, Missouri;
- End of the Trail Route 66 sign at Santa Monica Pier;
- Britten USA leaning water tower near Groom, Texas;
- Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas;
- Unidentified Muffler Man fiberglass statue;
- Historic Route 66 Motel sign in Seligman, Arizona.
What is mostly seen in on the racecar itself are mesas that resemble Monument Valley away from Route 66, though plenty of mesas also can be spotted along the historic highway in New Mexico and Arizona.
Harvick, who has won two races this season, will be competing in the Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona, with the race scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Eastern. It will be broadcast on NBC.
Harvick already has qualified for the playoffs that begin in September, so the Route 66 racecar may make other appearances.
One thought on “Kevin Harvick’s racecar will sport Mobil 1 / Route 66 paint job during race on Saturday”